Pages

Thursday 12 April 2012

Untitled Poem l just wrote...

Who is the god of color and race and heritage
tell me who he is that l may go to him,
sacrifices made with pure heart,will l give him,
For my heart has grown weary and my roots lie exposed.

My own color betrays me while my masters pledge their loyalty to me.
They call me exotic therefore different from all others
The distance that years me up inside makes me worthy to them.

I am wined and dined by my conquerors yet devoured by my fellow soldiers,
Their eyes pierce my soul and they judge me from behind closed doors,
their distant words filled with lies and shame reach my ears
they create circles that end without me and place me in triangles that don't exist.

And so disgraced l turn to my masters who pledge their loyalties.
For what am l to do but accept it and offer them my own.
Some things they do not understand and never will,
Some words they utter about my fellow soldiers are cruel
but what can l do for self preservation is stronger than compassion.

No comments:

Post a Comment